Headquartered in Hackensack, New Jersey, Pashman Stein Walder Hayden (PSWH) serves a diverse client base including regional Fortune 500 companies, emerging growth entities and individuals, as well as out-of-state corporate counsel, law firms and individuals with interests in New Jersey.
Our OPRA Practice:
PSWH assists individuals, businesses, and media entities in gaining access to government records. Our OPRA attorneys keep abreast of the most recent developments in the field and are therefore skilled at drafting narrow, targeted requests that will increase the probability that access will be provided without the need for litigation.
When litigation is unavoidable, our skilled litigators are adept at obtaining court orders mandating disclosure. We have been involved in some of the most important OPRA cases and have helped citizens gain access to municipal financial records, newspapers gain access to records that assist in coverage of national news stories, and real estate companies gain access to records that shed light on the selection of developers for local redevelopment plans and public bids. We have filed dozens of OPRA lawsuits in the trial courts and have been involved in several of the most important OPRA cases in the New Jersey Supreme Court and Appellate Division.
- Digital First Media Inc. v. Ewing Twp., __ N.J. Super. __ (App. Div. 2020)
- Scheeler v. Atl. Cty. Mun. Joint Ins. Fund, 454 N.J. Super. 621 (App. Div. 2018).
- N. Jersey Media Grp. Inc. v. Twp. of Lyndhurst, 229 N.J. 541 (2017)
- Wronko v. N.J.S.P.C.A., 453 N.J. Super. 73 (App. Div. 2018)
- Paff v. Ocean Cty. Prosecutor’s Office, 235 N.J. 1 (2018)
- Brennan v. Bergen Cnty Prosecutor’s Office, 223 N.J. 330 (2018)
- Libertarians for Transparent Gov’t v. Gov’t Records Council, 453 N.J. Super. 83 (App. Div. 2018)
- In re New Jersey Firemen’s Ass’n, 230 N.J. 258 (2017)
- N. Jersey Media Grp. Inc. v. Office of Gov., 451 N.J. Super. 282 (App. Div. 2017)
- Gilleran v. Twp. of Bloomfield, 227 N.J. 159 (2016)